[3830] WPX CW AB1J SO(A)SB80 TB-Wires LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW AB1J SO(A)SB80 TB-Wires LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2019 01:57:31 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SO(A)SB80 LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Waltham, EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 6:30

------------
  160:
   80:  112
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Always a favorite contest but did a "lite" effort this year after
working outside all week in my lawn and garden. I was tired and resolved to do
no late night activity. I kept my word to myself.

Conditions didn't seem all that great on 80m. Some QRN on Saturday evening so I
took a look at the lightning map and there was a huge band of storms in NY and
PA bearing down on me. Lightning spots all strung out like the 400 Horsemen of
the Apocalypse.

I had the usual problem when running of getting spotted in Europe and getting
called by stations that see the spots but can't actually copy me although they
can hear I'm there. They still call and both ends struggle mightily to complete
a QSO. Often these attempts ended in failure and wasted a lot of time. But the
successful ones were 6 pointers and usually new prefixes.

So, what am I complaining about?  Complainito, ergo sum.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM Logger+
80m outdoor 66' stealth wire, Dentron manual tuner and indoor counterpoise
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog