[3830] ARRL June VHF N7MZW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N7MZW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 04:15:07 +0000

OPERATORS: N7MZW
NAME: Chuck Williams
ADDRESS: 3601 Dillon Ave Apt B
ADDRESS-CITY: Cheyenne
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: WY
ADDRESS-POSTAL CODE: 82001
ADDRESS-COUNTRY:
EMAIL: n7mzw1@gmail.com
SOAPBOX: Icom IC-7300 at 100w output,Heil Pro Micro Headset,and a home brewed 2
element cubical quad up 25 feet pointing N/W from 6,053 feet elevation. My
recently repaired IC-706MK-IIG was recently repaired,but was still sitting in
Boulder,CO.when this contest started,so this was a 6 Meter SSB only effort this
time. Worked one XE station in Mexico,but no other real DX. Still new enough at
6 Meter SSB contesting to feel my heart racing during some good runs. Was
sitting in church when the "big" opening Sunday morning occurred,but
did hear reports of a 6 meter opening between CO.and Japan.Great to work local
Ops WY7HR Bob, WY7KY Tom, and fellow GMCCer Dale,WC7S who found a mic long
enough to give me a SSB contact! Had a few NIL contacts due to missing the other
Op's grid square during wicked QSB. Thanks to those that pulled teeth in order
to finish some tough Q's.The outgoing audio CQ file in my new IC-7300 really
helped to save my voice. A special thank you to some very dedicated
rovers,including one Op who drove from LA to the CO and WY area! Picked up
several first time ever,new Grid Squares,and as always had a great time with
just 100 watts and a wire.Can't wait for the next one, and hope to have some
decent antennas up for other bands as well. November Seven Many Zebras Walking
END-OF-LOG: