[3830] ARRL June VHF W3IP Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, m.cresap@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W3IP Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 14:22:53 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:    4     3
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  449   157  Total Score = 93,415

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First sign of a good contest - nothing broke over the course of the weekend.
Second sign of a good contest - lots of activity. I had my highest number of 2
meter QSOs ever using the same equipment and antenna that was put in service in
2012. Lots of 6 meter Es late Saturday, primarily to Wisconsin and Minnesota,
spotty Es on Sunday morning to the Southeast. Missed the Sunday night opening on
6 meters due to a family commitment. Conditions were fair on the upper VHF
bands, nothing out of the ordinary. Had 10 GHz working in a contest for the
first time in many years.

I tried FT8 on 432 in a contest environment for the first time and noticed that
propagation effects (airplane doppler and other propagation spreading effects)
limited decodes to the point that random QSOs over 250 miles away were very
difficult - at least for me.

Was happy to be able to work a number of the rovers that were active. Thanks
guys and gals for getting out and being radio active!