[3830] ARRL June VHF N1PRW Single Op Port QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, as@shawsheen.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N1PRW Single Op Port QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 15:12:08 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:   9     2  Total Score = 18

Club:

Comments:

QRP operation in Andover, Mass at 130' ASL. Weather was sunny and 78F.

Sunday afternoon and evening from home on the FT-817 and 6m dipole on the deck.
Not sure how to do a satisfying hilltop portable station with FT8 on a laptop
for 6-10 hours without bringing a generator with me or 25 lbs of batteries. The
FT-817 uses one 9Ah gel cell every 3.5 hours on FT8.

After a few hours of operating I noticed that I hadn't put the software back
into contest mode after the latest upgrade install, so that was great. I
assembled my contest log manually.

I also had problems getting all five blistering watts into the dipole. I kept
checking the line for problems without finding it. After the contest while
disassembling the antenna I found a fatigued wire lead at the solder joint on
the balun connector, so problem found hours too late.

I made one DX Q to EM, so the band was occasionally decent with enhancements.
Other than that, all within my own grid.

Weak contest, equipment problems, boring mode.

73 Alexander N1PRW