[3830] ARRL June VHF W3DHJ/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W3DHJ@jonz.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W3DHJ/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 19:17:44 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  175    77  Total Score = 13,475

Club:

Comments:

Saturday was The Pits -- much like the ARRL SEP VHF --
pretty much a 2M contest.

Sunday seemed to start the same way -- nada on 6M in
my first grid.  Then the 6M band blew open in my 2nd
grid. Nice! 6M then laid down when I arrived in my
3rd grid -- sadly DM87. But, 6M showed its Magic again
in my 4th and final grid of the day.

Actually made 3 446mcs FM contacts this outing, and ALL
my rovering is far remote from any "metro" environment.
Without the 446 FM contacts my total score would have
been 631 points less.
The new'ish 432/446 addition to the rover lashup was
worth 3,179 points in the total score. (There's been
contests when my TOTAL score was lower than that.)

WX was good all weekend. Clear skies on Saturday.
Sunday started out with heavy overcast -- quite
concerning because I rely on solar panels to keep my
battery alive. But, by 10 AM it started burning off
and the rest of the day I had plenty of "solar".

Grid QSOs
DM77 76
DM78 14
DM87 21