[3830] All Asian CW OH8X(OH6UM) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pasi.luoma-aho@digia.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW OH8X(OH6UM) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 11:06:45 +0000
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: OH8X
Operator(s): OH6UM
Station: OH8X

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Arkala
Operating Time (hrs): 35.47
Radios: SO2R

  160:   10     9
   80:   37    29
   40:  161   104
   20:  637   201
   15:  177   102
   10:   53    36
-------------------
Total: 1075   481  Total Score = 568,061

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

The All Asian DX CW (20 SB) contest some 45 years ago was The Very First
international single op contest for me.  Same host back then and now!
Remarkable, isn't it?  TNX *AGN* Veijo OH6KN! :) It sure was about time to do
the AA DX CW contest again. I decided to celebrate it on all bands, no matter
what the condx.

As predicted, the 22 hours of daylight + 2 hours of "so-called
darkness" didn't make me too competitive on low bands. And in the present
overall condx each of the 10m qsos was a bonus. I even logged 2 JA's on 10m
during my 1 minute JA opening. 15m condx could have been much better too.

It was fun although it was really hard to find anything to log on Sunday.  Going
out instead enjoying the beautiful sunny summer weather was ABSOLUTELY NOT an
option.  All the zillions of "flying piranhas" of all sizes would have
eaten me alive in seconds. I was glad I could make the 15 meters from my car to
the operating cabin in one piece. I have never experienced anything like that
before. Gunnar(i), did you send those "gävlar" up to us!? :)

Gladly Monday morning after the contest was a bit more windy and I managed to
sneak away inside the car. Those creatures recognized and hit me too late (for
them).  Why have mosquitos been invented in the first place? And where are all
the birds when you need them?

Looking forward to the autumn contest season! :)

TNX for all the QSOs!  Cu in the pileups!

73 de Pasi OH6UM