[3830] ARRL FD N7DS(@NE7D) 2B LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD N7DS(@NE7D) 2B LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 03:40:35 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  644     0       0  Total Score = 1,288

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

My friend Jeff N7DS and I operated from the cabin near La Pine in Central Oregon
as we have done for the past dozen years or so. We alternate callsigns each
year.  The wx was perfect: low 70's during the day, no rain or electrical
disturbances.

We have evolved to a set-up that works well for us.  A Spiderbeam 250' out in
the woods covers 20-15-10, a 40M Inverted-Vee end-to-end with Spidey works with
minimal interference and an 80M Inverted-Vee close to the cabin gives us 5 bands
to play in.

Indoors, we use a triplexer with Spidey, a BP filter for each band and a full
set of coax stubs which eliminates the last of any inter-station interference
(credit to George W2VJN).

Jeff ran 20M most of the time and I wandered around the other bands with a bit
of time on 20 Saturday evening.  The bands were not that hot IMHO, but there was
always a band open somewhere (Jimmy Buffet playing in my head!) so the fun was
non-stop and I had some great runs on 40 and 80.

I bet Jeff prior to the event (I didn't say "contest") that I would
even work a handful of Q's on 15 (seemed unlikely at the time) and ended up with
113 -- so I have a quart of ice cream in my future!

Tnx for the steady stream of Q's (and to Jeff for handling the cooking).  Listen
for us next year as NE7D -- did I just self-spot?

73,
Rock  NE7D