[3830] IARU K5GN(@W5KU) SOABMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 83mccarty@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] IARU K5GN(@W5KU) SOABMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 13:19:28 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: K5GN
Operator(s): K5GN
Station: W5KU

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    53     0      7        6
   80:   172    12     17       17
   40:   693    40     33       27
   20:   695   367     30       32
   15:   314    61     28       20
   10:   160    29      8       13
-------------------------------------
Total:  2087   509    113      115  Total Score = 1,900,380

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Work continues to limit sleep during the week, so I was tired at the start, but
what a fun time on the radio! Thanks to the sponsors and all the participants!

QRN was miserable 20m - 160m with Barry churning up through Louisiana.  Thank
goodness for Es - it made 15 and 10 interesting where the noise was inside the
first hop.  Too bad the European opening there didn't spread fully this far west
and south.  It was tantalizing to hear the weak ones that couldn't hear us.

This is the most QSOs I've made in IARU in a long time.  I surpassed my best
ever CW QSO rate in IARU, at least in raw QSOs, in the 15z clock hour.  This is
a better claimed score than in 2017 with sunspots, so I can't complain.

Here's to 2020 with at least a few sunspots (we hope)!

73,

K5GN