[3830] IARU K4BAI SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] IARU K4BAI SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 13:41:58 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 18:33

  160:    16    0       4       1
   80:    96    0      10       9
   40:   357    0      23      29
   20:   435    0      27      29
   15:   112    0      14      17
   10:    58    0       6       4
-------------------------------------
Total:  1074    0      84      89  Total Score = 472,463

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Boy was that fun!  But it would have been much more fun with an amplifier.  Both
Alphaa amps in for repairs.  100Wk from TS590SG.  TH6DXX, 40M dipole, 88' cf
zepp, 80M dipole inverted vee, tee vertical.  High band conditions were better
than hoped for.  The Belgian HQ station was 599 on 10M after everyone else was
gone and for hours too.  The Romanian HQ station was very loud on 10M,, but was
only search and pounce.  They would have a big pile up if they had called CQ
more.  15M had some good Eu, SA, and Pacific signals.  20M was weak until until
about 1830Z and then uuntil our sunset it was wonderful.  Stayed open all night
long.  Couldn't believe how good 40M was around 0000Z for a few hours.  How
could I have been running Europe so well with only 100w and the zepp?  80M was
noisy, but could hve worked many more Eu with the amp.  160M was a struggle
without the amp.  Many good ops with loud signlas sent CQ in my face.  Thanks
for all QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.