[3830] IARU ON3DI SOAB(A)Mixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on3di@uba.be
Subject: [3830] IARU ON3DI SOAB(A)Mixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 13:52:27 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: ON3DI
Operator(s): ON3DI
Station: ON3DI

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:
   80:   81      2      6      20
   40:  159      2     12      20
   20:  175      5     12      21
   15:   56     14      6      16
   10:   12      0      1       5
-------------------------------------
Total:  483     23     37      82  Total Score = 166,838

Club:

Comments:

Hi

This was my first IARU ever. Perhaps a bit strange but normally I'm on holiday
during this periode. I had fun during the WPX CW, so I wanted to do some more CW
and not just only during a wpx or ww. The combination of ssb and cw in one
contest was nice to have some high rates, anyway that was the plan...
It was a really long time ago that I did a contest all band and in ssb. Soon I
knew why, before the contest I tried to make some qso's on 15m, I managed but it
was already suffering to make a qso with 'just' EA5...

I started the contest on 15m and 10m, my last series of qso's of 10m was in
2016!!! 12qso's is peanuts but better then nothing!
15m was open and not open, 70qso's isn't that bad but no suprising qso's
except… OJ0C was calling CQ in ssb, last year I was at Market Reef operating
with that call, I lost 15min to work them but that qso must been logged! I've
some good memories and I hope to come back next year!
20m surpised me a lot, year after year I contested on 80m and lately some on
40m, I forgot what you can work on 20m and even when. At Saturdayevening/night I
worked some USA by accident, thought that the band was closed already:-)!
Heard also some exotic stations like 9V1, KH7, 9M8, …, but with my 5w and a
vertical I couldn't work them.
40m wasn't in a shape like during the wpx cw, for example couldn't work CE2LR,
but I managed to work some VE and USA, Carribean, … Had fun on this band.
80m was even more less crowded but once again I was suprised that I could work
UA9 with my dipole.

cw. I was hard to work even the HQ stations in ssb so I focused really soon on
cw and I had fun.
2. Had an average of 28qso's/hour, had fun with that amount. Lovely to work
stations on 4 bands in 1 hour, long time ago!
3. Top four DXCC: 1. HA 47 2. I 34 3. DL 33 4. K 28. 61qso's were DX and that is
to low to have a nice score.
4. The plan was to do 80m qrp in cq ww ssb, I have to think about that!

Contest setup:
N1MM+, ft897, 5w, vertical for 10-15-20-40m and dipole for 80m

Thanks for all the qso's!

Pieter ON3DI