[3830] IARU W3EP SOAB(A)Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, emilpocock@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W3EP SOAB(A)Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 14:31:56 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: W3EP
Operator(s): W3EP
Station: W3EP

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed HP
QTH: Conn
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:   72      0     14       18
   40:  256     10     20       28
   20:  207     41     20       26
   15:  138    125     15       23
   10:  129     31     12       13
-------------------------------------
Total:  802    207     85      108  Total Score = 51,000

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Started off slowly with spotty propagation. I was not sure if I was going to be
serious. Within an hour or so, propagation on 15 and 20, along with activity,
picked up, so I was hooked.

Biggest surprise was that 10 meters opened to Europe for several hours on
sporadic-E. Some short QSOs on 15 meters also had the feel of Es as well.

Am still surprised that my 80-meter inverted-V with the center at 50 feet seemed
to work Europeans just fine, but probably there was a layer of station I could
not even hear.

Did not work Japan on any band and Asians were generally scarce, all expected
given solar conditions.

Still lively enough overall, with good activity.

KW with 5-ele (10m), 4-ele (15m), 3-ele (10m), GP (40m), inverted-V (80m).

W3EP Connecticut