[3830] IARU W8FN SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@tx.rr.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W8FN SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 16:27:09 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 5.3

  160:
   80:   14             5       3
   40:  237            18      20
   20:  149            12      14
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------------

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Didn't do a serious effort this time. The SteppIR is stuck in Bi-Directional
mode on 20 due to 14 year old control cables finally succumbing to the Texas UV
environment. I was quite pleased to be able to run an hour or so or really good
rate on 20 Saturday afternoon. It was also a pleasant surprise to find a bunch
of the EU HQ stations coming through shortly before our sunset on 20. Changing
to 40 resulted in a good rate on S&P, followed by a couple of hours of good
run. I'm always surprised how well the 40 meter inverted vee at about 50' works
to EU from here. 80 was a completely different story. Thanks to everybody who
managed to pull my weak signal out of the noise on 80 meters. One of these days
from a new QTH I'll have a decent signal again. I didn't stay up late enough for
any truly long haul stuff, but did have a good time and finally called it quits
at 400 QSOs.

See y'all for NAQP Cw.

73...
Randy, W8FN