[3830] IARU K1IMI(N4CW) SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K1IMI(N4CW) SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 17:00:11 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: K1IMI
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: K1IMI

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: Maine -- USA
Operating Time (hrs): 15:28

  160:
   80:    72           11      12
   40:   379           17      25
   20:   527           20      19
   15:   133           15      16
   10:    44            7       6
-------------------------------------
Total:  1155    0      70      88  Total Score = 511,130

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I was very happy with the results -- personal best for this contest! I could
have continued or gotten up early in the morning to glean a few more contacts
and mults, but I was too tired after going to bed at 2:00 AM! Have to work on
getting more motivated (stamina???). Taking the XYL out to dinner at a nearby
inn cut into some really good propagation on 20, but I felt it was necessary...

The station played well...K3 with Acom 1000, LP at 65 feet on high bands, and
sloping G5RV (60 feet on one end, 6 feet at the other!...supporting tree came
down last summer and haven't replaced the "sky hook")for 40 and 80. I
am building a 40M rotary dipole out of scrap aluminum, but it's not finished...
I need a good antenna for 80!

Conditions weren't horrible and what a delight working 10 meters! Noise levels
were low at this QTH which made digging out the weak ones less of a challenge;
but to be honest, MANY European ops stuck with it when I had to dig out their
calls over several retries AND OTHERS STOOD BY! That's what I call "GOOD
MANNERS"...makes it a pleasure to participate. Many thanks to all those
good ops out there. 73, Bert N4CW