[3830] IARU N5RZ SOAB(A)CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb5aar@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N5RZ SOAB(A)CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 18:16:30 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:     0    0       0       0
   80:   220    0      19      11
   40:   635    0      32      33
   20:   526    0      27      27
   15:   109    0       9       8
   10:    16    0       3       2
-------------------------------------
Total:  1506    0      90      81  Total Score = 806,094

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Decided to try this one with the only antennas I have up  -  a Butternut HF2V
and and a Butternut HF9V, and the Hi-Z 8 circle Receive Array to continue the
learning curve on the FLEX6600.    Both frustrating and fun!

The verticals resemble dummy loads on 15M and 10M, but was able to eke out a few
Q's and Mults there.   On 20M, 40M and 80M I used the Receive Array to be able
to hear.   On 20M during the day, was pretty tough sledding, but EU finally
opened up pretty good in the afternoon.

Was making 2nd radio Q's on 40M over 3 hours before sunset, but EU really
started to roll about an hour before sunset.   80M was a bit noisy, but had a
decent EU opening there, and fantastic condx to South America.   Ran out of time
 before the contest to throw up a wire for 160M  -  missed some east zones/mults
there.

The Butternut HF2V was my main 80M antenna, and something crapped out on it
about 1000Z (still worked OK on 40M).  The HF9V is resonant about 3540, and SWR
at bottom of the band was too high for a tuner.   Missed JA and 8N1HQ mults who
were at the bottom of 80M as a result.

Was really hoping for some JA action on 40M, but they were few and far between.

All in all, a fun time.  Really enjoy the FLEX the more I operate it.

Thanks to all for the QSO's!

Equipment:   FLEX6600, Maestro.  Elecraft KPA1500 and SPE 1.3K-FA amps
Butternut HF9V  and  HF2V    Hi-Z 8 circle Receive Array   N1MM+  Local Skimmer

73,  Gator