[3830] IARU N7MZW SOABSSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N7MZW SOABSSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 00:09:39 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: SOABSSB LP
QTH: Cheyenne,WY.
Operating Time (hrs): 14.5

  160:   0       0      0       0
   80:   0       2      2       0
   40:   0     252     16       4
   20:   0     160     17       6
   15:   0       0      0       0
   10:   0       0      0       0
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     414     35       0  Total Score = 37,590

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Icom IC-7300,Heil Pro Micro Headset,Vectronics HFT-1500 Manual Tuner (for 75
Meters only),and a Modified ZS6BKW Flattop up 50 feet,running N-S at 6,053 feet
elevation from DN-71 in Laramie County Wyoming. Tough sledding compared to last
year,with lots of noise on 20,and the usual storm related QRN on 40 and 80
Meters.I had way too dupe contacts,and a ton of clueless "drive by"
Ops,who were looking for a Wyoming QSL, but couldn't be bothered to learn their
ITU Zone before answering my "CQ Contest" call.A bunch of "Please
Copy" and "Roger-Roger" types also helped to kill my contest Q
rate as well. (% of my contacts were made with other U.S. stations,5% with
Canada,and Q's with Brazil,Hawaii,French Guiana,Australia,Belize,Bonaire,Cayman
Islands,Chile,Costa Rica,Cuba,Curacao,Dominican Republic,Guatemala,Puerto
Rico,U.S. Virgin Islands,and Venezuela made up the remainder of my log.I managed
to sleep thru not just one, but TWO different alarms during my only long
break,so I missed out on most of the last five hours of this event.Thanks to all
that helped with the "fills" when QSB and QRM was a factor. Great to
work a few female Ops,including the ever present NV9L.We need more ladies
involved in contesting!Great to also hear a few young people trying their hand
in radiosport as well.Another "100 Watts and a Wire" effort from my
modest station is in the books.I'm already looking forward to next year's IARU
HF Championship.
November Seven Many Zebras Walking-Cheyenne,Wyoming