[3830] CQWW VHF WT2P SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wt2p@wt2p.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF WT2P SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 21:09:51 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2019

Call: WT2P
Operator(s): WT2P
Station: WT2P

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IL EN51us
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

    6:  60     28
    2:
-------------------
Total:  60     28  Total Score = 1,680

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First time doing WW VHF... Had fun.. Wish I could've done more on 2M, I heard
AC0RA on 2M FT8 but could not cut through. Need to do something with 2M antennas
and perhaps invest in a DEMI/Q5 xvtr.

On 6, the Q breakdown:
CW 14
SSB 6
FT4 11
FT8 29

The FT* modes were quite frustrating at times... People would call, then
seemingly fade away. Lots of Q's lost. Other times, I'd respond for several
cycles, see that they're working someone else, then when I would be in mid
sequence working someone, they would call again. Other times, long after I'd
stopped CQ'ing, people would call in. Still, had a blast.

Noticed some bugs with N1MM+WSJT-X especially running SO2R with 2 instances of
WSJT-X. Also, while having the WSJT window open, prevented me from using CW
messages when I dipped down to CW to work folks. Hope this is fixed before the
WW DIGI contest.

Sorry I missed AC0RA/R, bad timing on my part.

73,
WT2P