[3830] CQWW VHF KU8E SOSB/6 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF KU8E SOSB/6 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 21:29:59 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2019

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SOSB/6 HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 16:23

    6:  508   130
    2:
-------------------
Total:  508   130  Total Score = 66,040

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

K3/100 , KPA500 and Directive Systems DSSJX5 5 Element Yagi @ 30 feet

Put my 5 element yagi which has been sitting on a 10 foot mast for several years
and hung it from a nice tree limb at about 30 feet. It worked much better than
in the past. It was just a minor inconvenience to go outside to rotate it
manually.

Very good conditions the 1st several hours to the east coast. Made more contacts
then I did all of last year in about 4 hours. Had a nice opening to Florida and
the Caribbean on Sunday morning. The band was great the last 1 1/2 hour and
seemed to be open everywhere east of W0 and Texas. Had an EA8 call me on SSB
when I was CQing high in the band and about fell out of the chair!

Breakdown by mode :

CW  105 x 36
FT4   4 x  1
FT8  84 x 44