[3830] CQWW VHF KO9A SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimkb3aft@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF KO9A SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 02:57:17 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2019

Call: KO9A
Operator(s): KO9A
Station: KO9A

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: EN52xc
Operating Time (hrs): ~22
Radios: SO2R

    6:  248   126
    2:   46    22
-------------------
Total:  294   148  Total Score = 50,320

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

That was fun!

Heard 2m Es early into the contest (EM74, EM64, EM60) but couldn't complete any
QSOs with pee-wee power.  EM64/EM74 isn't that far away, so I suspect there may
have been some Es on 222.  Will be interesting to see if anyone was able to find
and exploit it.

WSJT is a VHF QRPers best friend...Saturday was amazing.  No runs or rate to
speak of but very easy S&P with little to no repeats or hair pulling.  Beat
my all time best QRP score within the first 4 hours and worked 6m VUCC within
the first 11 hours.  The grind started Sunday AM and didn't let up until the
final 90 minutes or so which saw good Es action from W1 through W5.

The modulation improvements implemented on FT8 are very apparent and I strongly
believe were a big factor in me being heard.  Thanks to the development team for
implementing this feature and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE upgrade to 2.1.0 or later if
you haven't already!

Nice job by Wyatt and to K9JK/R on the save!

73

Jim KO9A