[3830] CQWW VHF NC6K SOSB/6 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nc6k@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF NC6K SOSB/6 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 05:25:17 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2019

Call: NC6K
Operator(s): NC6K
Station: NC6K

Class: SOSB/6 HP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 4

    6:  58     30
    2:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  58     30  Total Score = 1,740

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I only got on Sunday AM for four hours. Saturday was (1) NAQP RTTY and (2) 6 M
was completely dead on the West Coast.I was pleasantly surprised to see the band
open this morning and it remained that way through when I had to leave for a
family event. It did seem like there was some one-way propagation as stations
that were very strong either didn't hear me or it took some calling. I was
running over a kW into a 7-element yagi at 65', so I normally do well with
stations I can hear/decode.

There's been a bunch of "I hate FT8" sentiment making it's way around
lately, especially as pertains to 6 Meters, so just to try to give the CW/SSB
folks some joy, I spent at least an hour on those modes. I was able to make 15
QSOs on CW (some as far as FL) and 4 on USB. I had 33 on FT8 and 6 on FT4.
There's no doubt that activity on CW and SSB has decreased, but there are a lot
of stations on the digital modes and it's creating a lot of VHF interest.

I only worked one new grid square (DM55), but it was #500.