[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 14:34:44 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Jul 31

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  153
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  153  Mults = 153  Total Score = 23,409

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Single op.  One TX.  Inverted vee at 35 ft.  As usual the SteppIR did not
resonate on 40, but I borrowed a controller so can troubleshoot.

20 seemed too quiet at the start, so went to 40.  There were tons on new calls
on, but I missed some of the regulars.  Without the beam I missed the Seattle
bunch, and AH6KO was on, but missed him too.
1315Z  45 QSOs.  Great start.
1323Z  70 QSOs
1328Z  83 QSOs  Missed a number or weaker guys who did not stay around and would
have made it if they had called off frequency a bit.
1334Z  100QSOs  This might have been the quickest to 100, but slowing down
1341Z  slowing  K3WJV was loud.  Just about ready to S&P because some of the
big guns are starting to S&P, but there are not a whole bunch of guys to
work and I can clean them up in less than 15 minutes.
1344Z  127QSOs.  Start S&P.  Lots of guys are not there. Missed N4ZZ, W1WEF,
N5AW, N3AM, W7OM, K7AZT, N7US, K3WA (excused - shack construction in progress),
K9CT, WT2P, VE2FK, VA2CZ,, VE3EJ, and AA3B.  Overall, not as many VE3 as I
expected.

HA!  Same score as last week's 0300Z session which was my best, but used the
inverted vee instead of the beam. Eventually I will have stack matches.

Last 5 minutes would have made a difference in the final score.  Treaded water
quite a bit.  If I was SO2R I could have scoured 20 meter for some Europeans.

Went out to the brewery and dinner with the neighbors and they want to visit the
shack.  Time to clean up!

Good reports this week.  The MRI indicated brain cancer has not returned.  The
CT scan indicated that tumors shrunk, but remain on my kidney and liver.  The
optimistic view is that the immunotherapy is holding them at bay.  Therefore, I
am continuing with the 160 vertical and 80 meter 4 square projects, as well as
some wire antennas to help make progress towards SO2R.