[3830] NAQP CW K4BAI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K4BAI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2019 05:00:04 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   22    15
   80:  167    41
   40:  307    52
   20:  232    51
   15:   21    13
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  750   173  Total Score = 129,750

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: ORANGE SQUEEZE

Comments:

Very interesting contest.  We had predictions of rain and storms,, so I thought
I'd best not take time before we got a storm and hope two hours would be enough
off air time for storms.  But we got rain and lightning in the general area, but
not here.  So had some QRN and a bit of rain static, but no need to QRT.  Took
off 35 minutes for dinner wiht XUL and finished up at 0435 when new QSOs and
mults were getting hard to find.  Thanks ot kU8E for six bands and my only 10M
QSO.  15 was real funny.  At first a good opening to VE3 like Es.  Then everyone
I worked was stronger when I was beaming away from them.  Had a hard time being
heard on 20M when in S&P, but running was pretty good sometimex.  Biggest
surprise was call from Gary, ZL2IFB on 20M.  Got KL7 and KH6 on 20 and 40.  40
was the best band and could have made many more QSOs there, but had to try for
mults on 80 and 160.  80 was surprisingly good.  All bands were relatively quiet
with little QRN after the storms passed in med afternnon.  Called many mults on
160 who didn't hear me.  My antenna there isn't very good, but workee from ON to
OA and TX.  Thanks for all QSO.  Told XYL at dinner break that my goal at that
time was 750 QSOs.  Worked hard to get them.  The last half of the contest was
fun. The first half was very hard work.  73, John, K4BAI.