[3830] NAQP CW KG4IGC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KG4IGC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2019 15:45:51 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Summerville, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 6:33

  160:   28    13
   80:   69    28
   40:   52    28
   20:   22    13
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  171    82  Total Score = 14,022

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Team: SFCG #1

Comments:

Got a late start as I had a date with my daughter Samantha KI4EVE. Used FOX as a
pitch for our club as  my name with good results, only had a small handful of
repeat requests. (Note: I also used FOX in this years NAQP RTTY with the same
results) Started around 22:45 on 20 meters, which was still open to the Mid-West
and West Coast. My contact rate was slow , mainly due to the band shutting down
so decided to go to 40 meters. Was greeted with wall to wall stations from all
over the US but most contacts were from made North to South of me with a few
Canadian stations in the mix.  Everyone was fairly easy to work with one or two
calls, but there was a lot of QSB and QRN on the band from the storms offshore.
I also managed to work a KP2 and 8P from the Caribbean as an added bonus.

 Not much activity on 80 in the early evening so I stayed on 40 until 0245, as
there were plenty of stations to work. 80 was in good shape, all stations worked
were again North to South of my QTH. I was a little disappointed that there were
not many stations to work on 160, all stations were from TN, MS, KY, MA, MD, VA,
IL, & ON. Stayed on the air until the last three minutes of the contest,
shut down because I could not find anyone to work that I had not already worked
before.

 I had a little RFI issue on 80 meters, but other than that the rig, computer,
and software all worked in harmony with each other. This is a stark contrast
from the NAQP RTTY. Every now and again my rig would get locked up and N1MM
would send various macros. The only way to correct the issue was to shut down
the rig, reboot the PC, and restart all software which was to say it mildly,
very annoying. After seeing how well things went tonight with the equipment, I
think that I have the issue narrowed down to RFI getting into my gaming keypad,
which I use for RTTY contests. I believe some new ferrites are going to be
ordered to resolve this problem. Overall I was quite pleased with my results, I
honestly didn't think that I would do very well as we were forcasted earlier in
the week to have 60% chance of thunderstorms.  No close in contacts were made,
so I did not run across any of my fellow team-mates. Many thanks to all who
worked me, looking forward to seeing you all in the next contest!

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX 3000 (New)
PWR: 100 watts
ANTS: 272 foot horizontal Loop, two 20/40 Super Loops