[3830] NAQP CW W9KKN(@NW6P) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@w9kkn.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W9KKN(@NW6P) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2019 02:42:20 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W9KKN
Operator(s): W9KKN
Station: NW6P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Cupertino, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0     0
   80:   76    21
   40:  245    49
   20:  316    48
   15:   22    13
   10:    3     1
-------------------
Total:  662   132  Total Score = 87,384

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #2

Comments:

As always, thanks to Tom/NW6P for the use of his station!

I wasn't feeling this one, just not my normal amount of energy and to top it
off, conditions sucked and I was not feeling loud at all. It wasn't just that
though, local interstation interference at 100W rendered SO2R essentially
unusable and a lot of people were asking me for repeats -- like way more than
normal. Eventually, I got an SMS from W6FB telling me that my CW was very
jittery and choppy and that something sounded 'off' (Thanks Jack!) He wasn't
wrong -- turns out that I had made some minor tweaks before the contest that
made the Flex CW transmission just awful (they have a lot of work to do there,
but usually I can make it work one way or another.) Fortunately, I was able to
revert the configuration, but we were already 3 or 4 hours into the contest and
the damage was done -- as soon as I fixed it, the rate, almost instantly doubled
and I was back to the rate I was expecting the whole time. I furiously tried to
catch up, but ended up getting smoked locally.

Congrats to some of the local big scores... Trey put in some really big points,
wow!

Here's to hoping for a better outcome in NAQP SSB!

-Bill/W9KKN