[3830] WAE CW PZ5CO(RA3CO) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW PZ5CO(RA3CO) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 23:57:36 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: PZ5CO
Operator(s): RA3CO
Station: PZ5RA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Suriname
Operating Time (hrs): 36

   80:  165         148
   40:  441          96
   20:  603          96
   15:  273          84
   10:  102          60
-------------------------
Total: 1584  1360   514  Total Score = 1,513,216

Club:

Comments:

Very slow. The bands were only really open to Europe for a few hours around
sunset and just after sunriser. High absorption during day time. A index at 6 to
8 did not help.

Had to endure several hours of single digit rate. Not many QTC takers outside of
the top 50 competitors. Struggled to give them away and was left with 200+
spare.

Highlight was 10m openings to Europe at around 20Z. Unfortunately missed most of
it on Saturday - lost power in the heavy thunderstorm for almost two hours.

An interesting experience - WAE from South America. Not sure I would recommend
it in the solar minimum though.

Again, many thanks to Ramon for hosting me.