[3830] WAE CW BD4TS(@BI4SSB) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kn8u@bruceyang.me
Subject: [3830] WAE CW BD4TS(@BI4SSB) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 01:53:34 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: BD4TS
Operator(s): BA4TB BD4TS BD4SS KN8U
Station: BI4SSB

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Jiangyin, JS
Operating Time (hrs): 22

   80:    0     0     0
   40:   60    56    69
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  421   421   185  Total Score = 153,920

Club: 1/4 Bavaria Contest Club 1/4 Georgia Contest Group 1/2 BI4SSB

Comments:

(High band breakdown pending update from BA4TB/BD4TS...)

Started late due to Super Typhoon Lekima passing through the area. Started with
a run on 15m in the afternoon, and moved to 20m as it opened later in the
evening. alternated between 20m and 40m later at night until sunrise then took a
break as NA stations got the better propagation. Finished off Sunday afternoon
with additional runs on 20 and 15.

We were unable to rotate the 40m antenna so it was pointed at JA the whole time.
We tried to use a beverage for RX with varying degrees of success. The 20m
rotator was already slipping on Saturday and finally gave out on Sunday, so we
had to use the C19 tribander as a backup but that worked well. QRT Sunday
afternoon because people have to go to work on Monday!

Conditions were typical of China, or so I was told by BA4TB. Had occasional
lightning crashes but the biggest issue was wideband noise created by electric
scooters and cheap SMPS chargers. At night the bands were much quieter. Sorry
for being deaf!

Overall, a very eye-opening experience as this was my first time operating a
major contest station in a different country. Looking forward to hopefully
coming back next year!

Run:
IC-7600, HF2013DX amp 1kW

Mult: