[3830] NAQP SSB W3AU(N4KW) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W3AU(N4KW) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 14:56:12 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: W3AU
Operator(s): N4KW
Station: N4KW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:   44
   40:  130
   20:  131
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  305    80  Total Score = 24,400

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

My best first hour of any contest. but it did not last Qrn and static crashes
wer
upwards of S8 and at time S9+.  Had to disconnect for a while due to lightning
etc.  Had to crawl under my operating table a few times, lost my foot switch.
This was my first SSB contest in many years.  My linear did not like the 80m
match and could not get it to load  ran low power on 80m.  My goal under these
conditions was 300 Q's.  This was work and I could tell many calling but I just
could not get all of their calls or exchange.

Rig FTDX-5000, SPE linear, antennas EFHW for all bands but 80, 20m Rectangular
loop at 45 feet.
Thanks to every one who stayed with me during my repeats and thanks for all the
Q's
73, Used Ed's call W3AU in his memory, got a number of nice comments on W3AU