[3830] NAQP SSB KG4IGC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KG4IGC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 15:59:15 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: South Carolina
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    6     2
   80:   39    15
   40:  123    30
   20:   33    20
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  201    67  Total Score = 13,467

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Team: SFCG #2

Comments:

This was a very tough contest to work this year. Started out having everything
set up and ready to go at 2 PM only to be shut down 15 minutes later by severe
thunderstorms. This continued off and on into the early evening hours.Managed to
get a few stations logged on 20 later in the afternoon, but working them was a
real struggle. Stations worked seemed to be concentrated in the upper Northern
and Western part of the US and Canada.

40 meters was abuzz with plenty of activity but due to QRN from the storms and
QSB there were many repeat requests. Worked fellow Swamp Fox Kevin K4KWB and
since we both live in the same area, he was dealing with the same issues that I
had.  80 meters was not much better, and did not see much activity until after 9
PM. 160 was very disappointing as it seemed to be quieter than any of the other
bands. I did manage to work a few stations from FL, SC, TN, MD, VA, and NY but
with much difficulty. Simply put, the bands were in awful condition for the
better part of the contest.

Did not hear too many strange names in this NAQP, but N4BP gave me a good laugh
when I heard him calling "CQ NAQP from November four Baked Potato".
Funny stuff. Ran into another Swamp Fox Hans WU0B and he was using
"Fox" as his name with good results. Had a nice chat for a few minutes
and then went back to trying to S&P so that I could get my numbers up.
Overall, I cannot say that this was an enjoyable contest, but then again these
are the type of conditions that test our skills as conteters. Many thanks to all
of the ops who stuck it out and had LOTS of patience working me with the lousy
band conditions!

Swampfoxcontestgroup.com

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000
PWR:100 Watts
ANTS: Two 20/40 Super Loops, NA4RR Hex Beam, 272' Horizontal Loop, & 160
meter Inverted L