[3830] NAQP SSB AA4LR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB AA4LR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 20:45:27 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 1

  160:
   80:   2      2
   40:  23     10
   20:   5      4
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  30     16  Total Score = 480

Club: South East Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Antenna:
2/3 of 80/40m Trap dipole hanging sloping from 6-50 feet. (80-20m)

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 w/ KAT100 running 100 watts
Heil BM-10 with Electret mic

Comments:

Just managed to get on for a little while and hand out a few Qs.

Note the antenna. My original 80/40m trap dipole got untied from the fence by
someone well-meaning and then the antenna was run over by the lawn maintenance
crew. About 1/3 of the antenna (including one trap) was destroyed and the wire,
trap and rope from that end has disappeared. I'm working on a replacement
antenna, but in the meantime I tied it off to the fence and working stuff with
the rest of the antenna still in the trees.

By the time I got on, 20m seemed to be dying. 40m had a lot of activity, and
there were a few signals on 80m. I even managed to make about 10 Qs on 40m
calling CQ.

Next time, we'll see if I can get a whole antenna back up in the air....