[3830] OhQP WB8WKQ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, seismadude2@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] OhQP WB8WKQ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 14:49:05 +0000
                    Ohio QSO Party - 2019

Call: WB8WKQ
Operator(s): WB8WKQ
Station: WB8WKQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  102     82
   40:   12      6
   20:
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  114     88  CW Mults = 60  Ph Mults = 44  Total Score = 32,864

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Wasn't sure I was even going to play in this one, with such nice weather
outside.  Being a border state, I was hoping I could use both 40M and 80M.  But
to my chagrin, 40M was way to long for any meaningful amount of contacts.  In
addition, only running 100W made each of those 18 contacts a challenge.  I
looked back at my 2017 log and saw that I had worked 90 stations on 40M.  So,
this year, I was pretty handicapped in my band selections.  But, the positive
thing was there was a lot of activity on 80/75 meters, even during the day.  In
fact, enough to keep me going in the contest and not throwing in the towel.  I
didn't quite reach my 2017 score (took 2018 off), but I was within striking
distance.  In fact, I think I even got the exact same amount of multipliers,
which was really a thrill.  Thanks to the mobiles/rovers for that feat!  Thanks
to all, it turned out to be a pretty fun contest.