[3830] KsQP WB0TEV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vmpaul@iname.com
Subject: [3830] KsQP WB0TEV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 00:37:17 +0000
                    Kansas QSO Party - 2019

Call: WB0TEV
Operator(s): WB0TEV
Station: WB0TEV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 15:41

   80:   14      3      0
   40:  168     95      2
   20:    1      0      0
   15:    0      0      0
   10:    0      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:  183     98      2  Mults = 96  Total Score = 72,196

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

>From here in North Texas this was almost solely a 40m fest.  20m was just too
long this year and made only 1 20m QSO.  The dedicated spotting board at
http://cwfun.org/funspots/ksqp/frames.html was a great help.
This was the first contest in which I used my new toy, as SDRplay box interfaced
wtih N1MM+.  Spent lots of time staring at the waterfall and jumping on new
trails as they showed up in the ~7029-7045 kHz space.  Rig was a TS-590SG.  Only
used the amp on SSB, 100 watts was sufficient on CW and the two RTTY QSOS.  Also
made a handful of FT8 Q's that went in the separate log for such.

Managed to work all of the 1x1 calls except for W0N, K0U, K0E, N0E, W0Q AND
W0T.
Missed 9 counties (not bad considering I was essentially limited to 40m): ATC,
COM, HAS, HPR, JAC, KIO,NOR,SMN and TRE.

Kudo's to W0BH for organizing a great party with some neat prizes.  Looking
forward to getting some more antique stamps.  I was able to spell out all this
year's prize phrases (KANSAS, SUNFLOWER, QSOPARTY & YELLOWBRICKROAD) based
on the letter suffixes of the 1x1 calls.

After a 3 year hiatus, I'm planning on taking "the olde grey lady" (my
1986 Pontiac Parisienne) on a 40+ county SSB operation in the Texas QSO Party in
3 weeks. Note that the TxQP is 2 weeks earlier this year (Sept 14/15) compared
to past years, finally (!) getting it de-conflicted with the CQ WW RTTY contest.

See you down the log..

Victor WB0TEV