[3830] WWDigi N4ZR SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WWDigi N4ZR SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2019 01:42:33 +0000
                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2019

Call: N4ZR
Operator(s): N4ZR
Station: N4ZR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FM19
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:
   40:   17     8
   20:  106    29
   15:    1     1
   10:
-------------------
Total:  124    38  Total Score = 8,664

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

An odd experience on a number of fronts.  Perhaps the most striking was the way
FT4 contest activity dropped off after the first few hours, and how what there
was, largely, seemed limited to 20 meters.  My impression is that as evangelism
for contesting goes, it was kind of a bust, though there were a few stations in
my +/- 120 QSOs who didn't show up in my master.dta file of contest ops.  I was
kind of surprised by the level of afternoon activity on the "second
segment" of 20 meters - dial frequency of 14082.  The first segment didn't
seem all that crowded by mid-afternoon.

I kept going back to 15 meters hoping for an opening somewhere.  There were no
signals visible on the waterfall, but a PY answered one of my southward CQs.
And that was it.

I don't think I've ever done a contest without hearing a single signal.

The N1MM+/WSJT-X combination worked pretty well, although it was necessary to
cede all radio control functions to WSJT-X because of unreliable inter-program
communication when trying to use MM for radio control.  I did notice some
inaccuracies on the decode list (dupes showing up as unworked, etc.)  These
errors carried over into the colors on the Band Activity window of WSJT