[3830] WWDigi YL2VW SOSB160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WWDigi YL2VW SOSB160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 10:18:20 +0000
                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2019

Call: YL2VW
Operator(s): YL2VW
Station: YL2VW

Class: SOSB160 HP
QTH: KO26au
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  21
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  21     0  Total Score = 21

Club:

Comments:

Made some contest QSOs on 160m, while looking at what propagation & goodies
are there on 160m, like I often do in the evenings. Best DX was VK3EW. Used
plain WSJT-X, didn't bother to integrate with N1MM++.

My overall impressions about FT8 contesting/DXing are summarized by this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clkATEge9m4&t=1m45s

To be honest it is not so much different from doing Assisted S&P in CW
contests by clicking in the bandmap pre-filled with RBN & Cluster &
Skimmer spots and shooting. Ok, in FT8 I don't have to copy reply by ear and
there is QSO auto-sequence, software does it in FT8 - that's the only
difference. May be it is big enough difference to call CW more human than FT8.
Not sure about it.

But RTTY - IMHO very little difference from FT8 - software does it for you in
both, except may fine tuning frequency in RTTY, which is not rocket science. So
I really don't get the outcry about FT8, while no complaints about RTTY. All
DIGI modes, where no PC means no QSO, is the same for me. But FT8 better decodes
weak signals (if no QRM).

73!
Agris/YL2VW