[3830] NA Sprint CW N9RV HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N9RV HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2019 14:27:10 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   93
   40:  133
   20:   86
---------------------

Club:

Team: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

Other than 80m, we got the conditions we'd been asking for.  20 meters was good
and hung in for the first two hours of the contest reasonably well.  40 was good
the entire contest, especially at the end.

80 meters -- it was just a swamp.  It got worse as the contest went on.  K7SV
was a decent signal at 0245 or so, but at the end of the contest he was just a
whisper.

Good to hear some new blood in this one.  Some newbies sounded very slick.  Good
job!

The conflict with CWO was very bad.  Amazing, in fact.  Two CW contests that
have a huge overlap in operators back to back.  Explain that to your XYL.  This
should never happen again.  CW Sprint has only been doing this on the second
Sunday (UTC) of September for, what, 40 years?

Now I will go look on a map and see if I can find Washington or Ontario ...

Rates were 97/79/77/59.  Pretty tough at the end but it was fun.

Thanks for my MT teammates for getting on and making MT easy to work.