[3830] NA Sprint CW VE9AA/M QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW VE9AA/M QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 13:55:49 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: VE9AA/M
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA/M

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 1

   80:
   40:
   20:   1        1
---------------------
Total:   1     Mults = 1  Total Score = 1

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

re: All the Canadian Comments.  Sorry guys, our summers are very short here -
especially out east.  S. VE3 and VE7, not quite so much. (those guys get an
extra month on each end of the warm seasons it seems)

We(?) (I) take full advantage of being outside and squeeze every last moment out
of 'summer' I can. In fact, it's already UNofficially over.  Here on Keswick
Ridge, NB  in FN66na ~660'ASL(and also Bathurst, NB, I am told) just as 'Dorian'
hit, we saw snow ever-so-briefly Saturday afternoon for about 2 minutes.  It was
about 8*C and windy/rainy.

For VE's in VE1/9/VY2/VO1 Hurricane Dorian wreaked havoc and just in VE1 alone,
~400k were w/o power.  VE9 didn't get hit quite as bad. 70 or 80k were w/o
(IIRC)

Many are still w/o power in Maritime Canada.

So, I don't know about the rest of Canada, but when the leaves are already
turning, and you are seeing snow, you try to maximize the warm weather for
family time and motorcycle riding and ham radio takes a back seat.

See you (all of a sudden!) in the next one. (I hope)

Mike VE9AA...no radio/no antenna in this one