[3830] ARRL Sep VHF AC0RA(@AC0RA/R) SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dirkswyatt10@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF AC0RA(@AC0RA/R) SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 00:40:37 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  178   139  Total Score = 46,982

Club:

Comments:

Wanted to try something new for this contest so I decided to take the rover out,
setup with bigger antennas and operate from one spot to enter in the SO3B class.
Station was a 7300 for 6m and 9700 for 2m/432. For antennas I used a 6m5 on 6m,
12 element LFA on 2m, and m2 9wl on 432 all about 20 to 25ft up.

The contest started out with a flurry of activity in all directions which was
good for about 100 qsos in the first 5 hours until I shut down for storms
overhead which delayed the fun for over 3 hours. Missed some qsos there but not
too many. Plugged away Saturday until about 1am when I shut down for a nap.

Sunday I got back on the air about 4am and started making MS qsos on 6m and 2m.
MS seemed decent but being low power it tough especially on 2m. I heard lots of
stations I couldn't work either to them not hearing me or not having enough time
since it took a while to run with most stations. Highlight Sunday morning was
logging FM19 on 2m ssb at close to 700 miles on some sort of localized opening.

Throughout the day on Sunday the rate really went down at there was less and
less stations on and even fewer I hadn't worked already. The rovers are what
kept me on as long as I was cause without them the activity was very thin.

A special thanks goes out all the rovers especially N0LNO/r and rover pair
W9FZ/KA9VVQ for the clean sweeps with the bands I had.

Another note is I did work alot of ft8 on both 6m and 2m but not sure of the qso
breakdown. I heard stations all over the country on 6m ft8 but worked only 2
outside of tropo range. Just not enough power to brute force contacts. MSk144
was 10 times more productive then FT8. I made zero CW contacts.

Overall had good time trying something different in this contest. See you in the
next one!

73 Wyatt
AC0RA