[3830] KsQP K0T(KD0IRW) Portable LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd0irw@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] KsQP K0T(KD0IRW) Portable LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 17:49:29 +0000
                    Kansas QSO Party - 2019

Call: K0T
Operator(s): KD0IRW
Station: K0T

Class: Portable LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:   0     811      0  Mults = 46  Total Score = 74,612

Club:

Comments:

First things first thanks to Bob for another great KSQP! Thanks to those who
chased me, and congrats to N6MU, N8II for the sweep! OM2VL worked me at each
stop, with strong signals each time. My only DX outside of one from France.

This year I took a less aggressive route and dropped a stop on each day, giving
myself a bit more time per stop. Saturday went well, started on time and bands
were in decent shape given the current cycle. My last stop on Saturday was cut a
short by an hour due to a thunderstorm.

Saturday night a tornado caused some damage near my first stop (BRT,RIC,ELS).
This stop is near power lines and has had a higher noise level in previous years
(S5-7). This time it was S9+20, and unworkable. Maybe due to downed power lines?
I had to move on with zero qso’s. Stop two was great both 20m and 40m were
decent, with a beautiful view of the high plains of Kansas! Moving onto SMI,
ROO, OSB I arrived with about two hours left in the party. This is where things
got muddy. I was worried about this stop as the area received heavy rains the
night before. Not using my best judgment, I approached the county line from
three different directions. The second attempt getting my truck nearly stuck a
quarter mile from the county lines, on a true dirt road. The tall grass growing
in-between tire ruts is what saved me! The end result, no qso’s from this stop
either. I apologize if my mishaps cost you a county, the other Kansas ops again
did a great job covering the state!

I'd obviously like to have more qso's/points from the two missed stops, but even
with the troubles I still had a blast. The amount of rain we’ve had this
summer Kansas is still very green, and the views never got old!

Till next year,
K0T/KD0IRW