[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K4LY SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, DougK4LY@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K4LY SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 17:59:57 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  75     45  Total Score = 3,375

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

Almost missed contest.  The Microsoft "patch" on Sept 12 was
disastrous for my FLEX 6500 audio files, and it took many, many hours to
reconfigure  the Smart SDR software and get it to work with WSJTx. I was too
tired to attempt to get N1MM also configured, so WSJT did my contests logging on
FT8 or MSK144 which was all, but a handful of SSB and CW contacts. I used my
new, used FLEX 6500 on 6M running 80 watts and with an Elecraft XV144 and old
brick on 2M running 100 watts, but I didn't notice that the brick had lost power
so I actually was running only 20W on 2M 3/4ths of the contest and amazingly
made two MSK-144 contacts to CT (K1TEO and K1TEO) with the 20 watts and  also
worked W1VD, 675 miles,on 2M tropo with that power. The 432 band was just an
afterthought with my old Kenwood 790A since I couldn't get my Elecraft 432
transverter configured with the FLEX. Maybe by January I'll figure out how to
daisy chain several transverters.
Missed Sunday afternoon with a family outing.
Hope everyone had as much fum as I did.  I've operated every ARRL September
contest since 1956, but I seldom turn in contest results any more since I'd hate
to have you guys docked points because an old man (age 79) messed up his
scoring.!
Doug K4LY