[3830] ARRL Sep VHF VE3CRU/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cru@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF VE3CRU/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 23:06:27 +0000

  3.4:    7
  5.7:    0
  10G:    0
  24G:    0
-------------------
Total:  110    75  Total Score = 16,200

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

This contest saw a required absence of a strong contester up here, plus some
not heard at any time.  I posted my plans, but working Rochester from the south
side of Lake Ontario did not work.  Weather was great. Only put in first 3 hours
Saturday due to a foul-up at the restaurant, and to be at the B & B for 8
pm.

Sunday was much better as I met with 2 rovers passing through enroute west
to EN81 and EN82.  Had some food, at 2000z then a 2 hour trip to FN04na and
FN03nx for  12 more qso's including Jarred and Ev for first time each. That was
a nice way to end the contest.  Went QRT at 8 pm.

10G was installed, but the fuse to the DB6NT transverter blew the instant power
was applied, repeatedly.  The power supply for the 2304 amp blew, smoke odour.
I was able to reconnect to the 1W driver and VE3OIL/R confirmed I was back on
the air for 3 qso's with him.  3456 worked great.

Looking forward to next year and our 70th anniversary celebrations.

Thanks to the ARRL and team for sponsoring, and to all who participated and gave
out points.  Please submit your log.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU/R