[3830] WAE SSB N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 00:40:20 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 7.1

   80:    6     0    20
   40:   37    32    63
   20:  216   232    88
   15:   10     4    14
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  299   296   185  Total Score = 99,345

Club:

Comments:

Jack of all trades, master of none, for sure! I operated a short time at start,
40 was okay, but quickly ran out of stations to work, 75M throughout my limited
operating was nearly closed and very few EU stations were heard. 20 was okay
Saturday morning, but faded down to EU mid day. I decided to focus on the TXQP
which started at 14Z. By 2015Z, the number of EU stations heard off the back
corner of my quite directive 5 el yagi far exceeded the number of TX SSB
stations. The TX stations were being squeezed out of their usual frequencies by
all of the loud EU stations. So, why not join the fun? I ran over 100 EU
stations between 2030 and 2130Z. Signals were excellent and my 100W was more
than enough to attract a lot of callers. In addition I had good luck with mults
being called by TF2, 9H3, and LX1 all with low serial numbers! The Maltese op
gave me #1. Sunday was not a good without a great/good 20Z or so opening and I
could not generate any run. I did run some stations on 20 in the 12Z hour.
Starting at 1240Z, there was a weak opening on 15M. I milked 15 for all it was
worth, not much(last Q was 1308Z), and I did not get any answers to CQ's. Some
of the big guns did considerably better and 40 was pretty kind to the big guns
as well. Thanks to Mike, OE6Z for attempting to dig out my serial number after a
move from 40 to 75 at the end; he never could copy it. With higher SFI, it would
have been fun with a much better score. I probably only missed about 30-50K or
so not operating many more hours. Thanks for all of the QSO's, and there were
some really fast QTC receivers from EU, congrats!

73, Jeff N8II