[3830] 144FallSprnt VE3CRU/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cru@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] 144FallSprnt VE3CRU/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 18:30:27 +0000
                    144 MHz Fall Sprint - 2019

Call: VE3CRU/R
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: FN04 FN03
Operating Time (hrs): 2.2

Total:  QSOs = 17  Mults = 11  Tot Dist(km) = 0  Total Score = 187

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

This Sprint saw good weather and reasonable prop.  Started off in the usual
FN04na site, with 10 qso's in the first hour.  K8MR was best odx, west.

Tried some new locations in FN03, which proved favourable.  No traffic, low
noise.  The extra drive east was well worth it.  Logged 7 qso's in the grid.
All was quiet before 9:30 so packed up and headed home.  My usual best odx to
the east, K1TEO was heard often, but due to a noise level of s9 plus Jeff could
not hear me.  Also, splatter from a strong station to my south added
to the difficulty at my end.

Thanks to the SVHFS for sponsoring, and to all who participated and gave points
to me and others.

Equipment:

Icom 910H running less than 100w to a shorter than usual 6 elmt beam at 10'.
Rotation by aiming car.  Inverter and rotator too noisy.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU/R ... see you in 222 Sprint, 120W 16 elmts H 222.200 n lower