[3830] ARRL Sep VHF VE3SMA/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3sma@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF VE3SMA/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 00:50:33 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  406    82  Total Score = 45,428

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Multiplier total includes the 7 grids activated.

I had an enjoyable weekend teaming up with Tony, VE3RZ, as a Limited Rover
again.  We managed to convincingly beat our old Division Record score, so I'm
quite satisfied with the results.

This was our first time attempting to do any digital modes as a rover and many
things went wrong, so the operating time on 6m FT8 was limited and non-existent
on the other bands, but it still got us a few grids that probably would not have
happened otherwise.  Fortunately everything else kept working! It was very nice
to hear the activity from the Rochester, NY area back to what it used to be (or
better, even).  We were pretty busy working them at our eastern sites.
Conditions generally were unremarkable, with a bit of enhancement to the south
at the start, perhaps, and some faint signs of 6m sporadic E that yielded no
QSOs.  Weather was pretty good, with moderate temperatures and only a few drops
of rain and some wind that rocked the antennas about a bit.

Thanks to VA3ELE for the loan of an amplifier for 432, and to everyone for all
the QSOs.

73,
Steve VE3SMA/R