[3830] CQ WW RTTY K7HKR SOAB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, azswdxing@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K7HKR SOAB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 00:46:29 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: K7HKR
Operator(s): K7HKR
Station: K7HKR

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 23

   80:   19      11       2     3
   40:   63      26       8     9
   20:  106      37      16    12
   15:   22       4      14     7
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  210      78      40    31  Total Score = 46,935

Club:

Comments:

6-foot diameter STL (20/40/80)
2el short-beam Yagi (15)
IC-7100, fldigi, 60-80 watts, from AZ

My goal was to beat my contest QSO record which was 200 in CQ WPX SSB 2018, and
I managed that.  Conditions were okay...for 2019.  Overall, a good time was
had.

More than 90% S&P, but an hour of calling CQ on 40 and 80 during slow times
at night garnered 13 QSOs, which really wasn't too bad.  Like FT8, and unlike
SSB, I'm finding that calling CQ on RTTY can actually be worthwhile with my
limited station.

Europe opened up on 20 meters during the late morning local time on Sunday, but
it took a major effort and a lot of time to get a handful of QSOs out of that.
Japan was decent in the early morning hours on 40 both days.   Managed one ZL
and one VK, also on 40.

15 meters was open to SA both days, but didn't work SA on 20, probably due to my
lack of gain on the band.  15 also opened to the East Coast for a while on
Saturday.

Score calculated manually from the fldigi log, so it's probably not quite right.