[3830] CQ WW RTTY WQ6X(@NX6T) SO(A)AB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY WQ6X(@NX6T) SO(A)AB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 03:40:46 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: SO(A)AB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 23:55
Remote Operation

   80:   75       21      7     8
   40:  225       44     16    12
   20:  238       42     22    18
   15:   22        2      9     9
   10:    0        0      0     0
-----------------------------------
Total:  560      109     54    47  Total Score = 180,600

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was another WQ6X remote operation from NX6T in Fallbrook.
I ran the usual Elecraft K3 into an Expert-2K amplifier dialed
back to around 700 watts keeping the shack-heat down to a mild
toasty temperature. I began with a C-31 yagi for the high bands
until a pair of THIEFS towed the tower trailer away for next
weekend's CQP GiG.

Switching over to the 3-el Stepp-IR allowed running BI-directional,
working JA & SA simultaneously.  While I found little 15-meter
activity, calling CQ identified a PIPELINE to South America.
One by one, new countries and zones quickly made it to the log.
Because of the low sunspot cycle, 40 meters made almost as many
QSOs as 20.

My BIGGEST BEEF were the IDIOT LIDs who were running RTTY on
EXACTLY 14.100.1 - the 20-meter NCDXF Beacon frequency - KNOCK
it OFF Dingle Dorks.  (Note to contest LCR software or humans,
DQ ANY LOG that has 14100 as its operating frequency.)

The BIGGEST difficulty were the random 2-3 sec. internet dropouts
causing the VNC viewer (my logging screen) to FREEZE.  This would
require terminating the frozen program and starting a new instance.
If I seemed to "disappear" and then come right back but unexpectedly,
this is probably the reason.  I must've restarted VNC 500+ times during
the weekend - I kid you not.

LooK for a write up about this GiG at:
http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com