[3830] CQ WW RTTY W4PK SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4pk@w4pk.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY W4PK SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 15:11:28 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 10:34
Radios: SO2R

   80:   56       20      6     4
   40:  340       44     35    13
   20:  276       35     37    13
   15:   78       17      7     8
   10:    4        2      3     3
-----------------------------------
Total:  754      118     88    41  Total Score = 321,594

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It has been a couple of months since I had last turned my radios on and I am
amazed at how quickly I forgot how everything worked.  It took me the first hour

into the contest to find out why my right radio's audio was being blanked when
my left radio was transmitting.

Otherwise everything worked as it should.  Maybe it was because I decided to not
use spotting assistance this year and the CPU load was was certainly less.  I

did find one minor quirk in the software I was using (the latest version of
N1MM+).  When my last transmission was a CQ the software would send the  EXCH

contents of F2 instead of my call in F4, even though I was tuning around and the
software indicated that I was in S&P mode.   I eventually learned to look at

my screen to make sure the F4 button was highlighted in these situations.

For the time that I was on the conditions were not that good here.  QRN on 80M
was terrible and I never did get a run going on that band.  10M was very quiet

and I only got one response after 20 minutes of CQing.  I never heard any
stations from Asia either.

Overall I did have some fun in this contest, it felt good being back on the air,
 and it was good to work many of the PVRC gang.

73, Sam W4PK