[3830] CQ WW RTTY N7GP SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa8wzg@wa8wzg.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY N7GP SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 16:46:56 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: N7GP
Operator(s): N7GP
Station: N7GP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: arizona
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  103       33      7     8
   40:  379       47     25    20
   20:  567       50     41    20
   15:    6        2      3     4
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total: 1055      132     76    52  Total Score = 420,940

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I have been fighting a SO2V issue on DATA mode with K3 and N1mm only, for a few
months,,I thought i had it all figured out,, But at start of contest,, it was
back..I decide to just work  on it Friday night since only way to test it is
during a rtty contest..
After 6 hours , of trying everything , AGAIN, I finally realized, that the K3,
which I bought used, was stuck in what is called DATA SYNC mode,, and what is in
the manual is INCORRECT, on how to get it out of DATA mode,, after looking on
line for a LONG time..I finally decided to read EACH firmware up grade notes
from Elecraft,, and FINALLY I found it!! turned off DATASYNC mode and instant
fix!!
SO with 6 hours missed Friday and then a commitment to be at the Tuscon Hamfest
Saturday morning I missed a lot of GOOD contest time..
BUT I also found conditions a lot better than expected especially Sunday morning
to EU on 20,,
I did not get on 15 very long, but wish I would have,, from the numbers from
other Outlaws, it looked like I missed a lot,,
Speaking of Outlaws,, I work a LOT of you , so thanks for AZ!!
Had fun, got a major problem fixed, and made some noise,,
Go OUTLAWS!!
Tom
N7GP
ex WA8WZG