[3830] CQ WW RTTY K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 21:55:36 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  504       53      17    14
   40:  864       55      60    24
   20: 1164       52      75    26
   15:  256       38      32    17
   10:   19        7       7     7
------------------------------------
Total: 2807      205     191    88  Total Score = 2,352,724

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This is a contest to remember! Weather dominated us for almost the whole
contest. Lightning got us about 6 hours before the start and it was a race to
get stuff going again. Power surges took out power supplies at the base of most
of the towers that cut off control of the stacks, 40m rotator was not working
and a couple of our Steppirs were out of commission. By the start time and
before it stormed again, most of the power supplies were replaced with spares.
Saturday morning I replaced a relay on 40m tower and it was working again. We
did a swap out on circuit boards for the Steppirs and were back in business.

We had a hard time hearing signals early with the lightning and precipitation
static but used a SAL30 to make a difference. Sorry we missed callers but QRN
was very loud. We operated when it was safe to do so but sometimes the storming
was so bad we had to walk away. Over 5 inches of rain fell in our area but
others suffered much more and others had tornado concerns.

Of course the propagation was a challenge but we expected that and did the best
we could. This will be more fun when we get some sunspots!

We made 2807 QSOs but 1669 were 1 point! 222 were 2 points and 916 were 3 point.
Thank goodness for 1 point QSOs to keep us busy. We may wish we had them for
Phone and CW!

We had a veteran team and they did quite well. They ran when they could and
stayed in the chair even though rates were sometimes miserable. Thanks to N4RR,
AI9T, K9WX, N9CK and K9NR for traveling here and doing a fantastic job.

We used MultiFlex, which is two Maestros per Flex 5500 radio into a single PGXL
amplifer per transmitter. This is a slick way to operate and very simple setup.
We also used 2Tone for TX and both 2Tone and MMTTY for RX with N1MM Logger+.
www.k9ct.us

Thanks for the QSOs and the fun! I will be traveling to Pitcairn for CQ WW Phone
and K9CT will be silent until I return for CQ WW CW.

73, Craig K9CT