[3830] CQ WW RTTY VY2/W5AJ SO(A)SB80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w5aj@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VY2/W5AJ SO(A)SB80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2019 03:03:09 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: VY2/W5AJ
Operator(s): W5AJ
Station: VY2/W5AJ

Class: SO(A)SB80 HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  429      45      62    19
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  429      45      62    19  Total Score = 132,000

Club:

Comments:

Another nice trip to VY2.  Operated from Ken's VY2TT station with full sized 80
meter four square.  Worked well.  The group before this contest (WAE) did some
hurricane repairs, getting tree limbs cut off cables, repairing radials, etc.
Wendy & I got out and fixed few radials and checked connections on four
square and got it working even better.  The High K was unexpected
"surprise" with thoughts of switching to 40, which thoughts reoccurred
Friday night after experiencing the High K and having rough time getting
through.  Decided to push and work everyone I could hear with hopes of better
conditions Saturday night.
Get about 3 hours on 80 late Sunday before contest ends which had best
conditions to NE.

Stations in USA seemed less and wonder if that has to do with FT8.

High K index really hurt NW path, hearing but missing SK & AB multi's.
Never heard the JA or KL7 stations.  When it was over, NM escaped getting in
log....

Used the USB sound card in K3 this year.  It worked.  Writelog performed great.
and Ken's Alpha 87 never faulted.  Mortty interface for FSK.