[3830] CQ WW RTTY S51A M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, s55o@hamradio.si
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY S51A M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2019 08:52:35 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: S51A
Operator(s): S50LD S51TC S51ZJ S55KZ S55MZ S55O S56B S56DE S57PM S59MZ S59VI
Station: S51A

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: jn76gc
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  805       12      63    14
   40: 1031       35      94    29
   20:  989       45     101    33
   15:  230        8      62     8
   10:   27        0      19     4
------------------------------------
Total: 3082      100     339   101  Total Score = 3,756,780

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

Band     QSOs     Pts  ZN   Cty  SP   Pt/Q
   3,5     805    1639   14   63   12   2,0
     7    1031    2317   29   94   35   2,2
    14     989    2420   33  101   45   2,4
    21     230     528   21   62    8   2,3
    28      27      53    4   19    0   2,0
 Total    3082    6957  101  339  100   2,3
Score: 3.756.780
1 Mult = 5,7 Q's

Hello!

First a great thanks to my teammates. They did perfectly all the preparation
work and set up the RX system and all. It worked without a glitch! GJ! Without
you guys we won't be even on air. We really appreciate your efforts!
Our support team did it job perfectly and we were really taken care of also in
the contest period!

Thank you all for the patience and willingness to repeat. Oh yea, the
propagation surely was really poor. K9CT worked on 40m only in the late morning,
i suppose we both weren't happy about that, with a signal of 559, so this says
it all about 40m prop :(. I had to repeat the call 3x for K3LR, it was this bad
:) Propagation was marginal and hard to get past the east states vs NA on any
bands, except 20m was kicking a little bit.

10m was non existent and we pushed hard for the few qso's that were made.

15m was really bad on Saturday and a little better on Sunday, with a marginal 20
minutes kind of opening to NA. Worked what we could.

20m was the best band for DX, but far from the optimal.

40m worked nice for short qso's and E coast, but even getting zone 4 was hard.

80m was noisy, but it gave us some satisfaction, tough not really opened to the
Americas.

Now what about the race ?
Thrilling war on the EU M/2 stations all weekend. Thanks to the guys that are
not afraid to use real time scores. It kept us on our tails all the time and was
a pleasure doing the race with you gents! Our congrats to S50W crew which
started contesting from the new location and it seems to be a bomb! WTG!

With our not optimal height it was a working horse kind of contests. Lots and
lots of work to get few qso's in log and only a few h above 100qso/h.

Lets hope for a better propagation next time, (but i am writing this a lot
lately HI), on the same time i wonder if we can remember, when we worked a cqww
without a flare or some other catastrophe :)

Take care and read you in the next one!

We love this game!

GL
Bostjan - Ian S55O