[3830] CaQP VE1TTT(VE9AA) SOFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP VE1TTT(VE9AA) SOFixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 11:19:43 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2019

Call: VE1TTT
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:
   40:   36
   20:   63
   15:    2
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  101     0  Mults = 40  Total Score = 12,000

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

I don't usually get on for this one, despite pretty good W6 activity.

As it turns out, I was not all that rare this weekend, as VE9OA and VE9CB (and
maybe others) made brief appearances.

But I was away in Cape Breton, NS on a weekend mini-vacay at a cabin and I knew
I'd have some downtime, so I took a screwdriver antenna, some radials (that I
was not able to fully deploy) and a K3.

Condx were meh to good....I was on a west facing cliff about 150' from the
roaring ocean.  It rained, it hailed, the wind never stopped...never saw the
sun.  QRM/RFI on 20m was a solid S5....not so bad on 40m.  15m was pretty quiet
and I very easily worked the only 2 guys I saw spotted there.  Maybe there were
other pinpoint openings, but I missed them due to vacation activities.

On Soapbox

Until you change MR to NB, NS, PEI, NL/LB I likely won't be back for a few more
years or so and the general Eastern Canada participation will probably remain
very low.

The rulemakers  lump all of Eastern Canada into 1 'mult' (which you call
MR_)which I vehemently disagree with. (It's demeaning)
(Would we ever loop all of New England into one mult? all of W7?
 Do you think if you did, you'd get a lot of W1 or 7's playing?
Please brew on that a moment)

I get the whole 58/58 thing, but consider that nearly every other contest allows
Canadians to send their own Province. Sometimes things change.

Off soapbox!

It was great to work many of my Californian radio friends and it did give me
something to do for 8-10 hrs off and on. (spent a lot of time tuning when condx
were down and nobody could hear me)
73 es CU (all of a sudden) in the next one.

dit dit
Mike VE9AA (VE1TTT this time)