[3830] PaQP W3CG M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] PaQP W3CG M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 15:18:35 +0000
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party - 2019

Call: W3CG
Operator(s): AA2AD N3KZI WA3A
Station: W3CG

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CRA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:   28      24
   80:  227     284
   40:  135     509
   20:   32     482
   15:    2
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  424    1299     0  Mults = 146  Total Score = 313,278

Club:

Comments:

Another tribute to Norma,W3CG(WA3KKT)is in the log.

This year it was a MM High Power event(It seems unfair that MM and MS are now
lumped into one category). We set up at WA3A using an existing 1500 watt station
with a rhombic antenna and added 500 and 100 watt stations with temporary
dipoles...all fed with open wire and window line. We made no special provisions
for MM other than some antenna separation. Three K3s made the station
interference manageable.
Peter AA2AD, xyl Laurie N3KZI (her contesting debut) and Steve WA3A operated the
three stations. Laurie also kept us well fed.  The bands were quite noisy and 40
was long but 20 and 40 SSB were good for rate....SO many number ones received on
those bands across the country. Buds county-section cross reference was
invaluable.
Its puzzling why we would get calls from stations with several to many contacts
who didnt know their section.
We all had a fantastic time and are already thinking of what we will do next
year!

Steve